The ‘Virtual Working Programme‘ (VWP) is a countrywide one-year Virtual Work Residency Visa which allows foreigners to arrive and work remotely anywhere in the UAE. The main purpose of this initiative is to entice talents, advanced skills and expertise from all over the world.
How to apply for a Virtual Work Visa:
The Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA) stated steps to apply for the virtual visa. Firstly, Submit the request to ICA if you are willing to work remotely in Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Umm Al Quwain, Ras Al Khaimah, and Fujairah. Once your request gets approval, you can work remotely anywhere in the Emirates.
Steps to Apply for a Virtual Work Visa from Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Umm Al Quwain, Ras Al Khaimah, and Fujairah:
- Log into the ICA website.
- Select Smart Channel Services.
- Log in using your personal account.
- Select remote work visa service .
- Fill in the required details – name of the person who is applying for the visa, passport number, Emirates ID, etc.
- Upload the requested documents.
- Submit the application and pay the required fee.
How to apply for the remote work visa from Dubai?
- Login to www.visitdubai.com.
- Fill the remote work visa Dubai application (name, email address, contact details, country of residence, etc.)
- Upload documents and submit the application.
- Passport with a minimum of 6 months validity.
- Health insurance with UAE coverage validity.
- For Entrepreneurs :Proof of tenure of the company for one year or more, subject to extension, with an average monthly income of US$3,500 per month or its equivalent in foreign currencies and 3 preceding months’ bank statements.
- Proof of work/employment outside the UAE and that the work is conducted remotely.
- For employees: Proof of employment from a current employer with a one-year contract validity, a minimum of US$3,500 per month salary, last month’s pay slip and 3 preceding months’ bank statements.
- All applications (new applications and renewals) will be reviewed and administered by the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs – Dubai (GDRFAD).
- Applicants must create a username and password, choose the service required labelled ‘Golden Visa’ and submit their application through the GDFRA portal.
Benefits of UAE Virtual Work Visa :
- 0% local taxes or contributions
- No compliance issues for remote employers
- Great local infrastructure for remote workers
- One of the safest nations to travel.
Interested to Work Remotely In UAE? Apply Now.