Under my husband’s sponsorship, I was granted a Golden Visa in 2022. My job title is “housewife” on my Emirates ID. I just received a job offer and a work permit. Should I change my Golden Visa information to reflect my profession? If so, what is the process for doing so?

The regulations of Cabinet Resolution No. 1 of 2022 on the Implementation of Federal Decree-Law No. 33 of 2021 Regarding the Regulation of Employment Relations are relevant as you are a Golden Visa resident of the UAE and are presumably employed by a mainland enterprise.

An employer in the United Arab Emirates may request a work permit from the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratization if they want to hire someone with a golden residency visa (MOHRE).

In order to apply for a work visa with MOHRE, a wife who is sponsored by her husband and wants to work must give a no objection certificate (NOC) from her husband to her potential employer. Residents who are sponsored by their families and employed to work in a place that is registered with the Ministry utilize this form of permit.

Since “housewife” is listed as your occupation on your UAE Golden Card (resident ID), it’s possible that you won’t be able to modify it to “current profession/designation” with your potential employer.

However, you can choose to revoke the current golden residency visa that was sponsored by your husband if you want a resident ID in the UAE with your occupation listed on it. Then, if your profession qualifies for a golden residency visa based on your position, experience, and pay with the potential employer, you may apply for the same so that your occupation on your UAE golden card will be the profession for which you receive a golden residency visa.

If you live in the emirate of Dubai or any other emirate in the United Arab Emirates and would like more information on this subject, you can get in touch with the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs – Dubai or the Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs & Port Security.